In Alma's discourse to the people of Zarahemla, he poses many questions and asks them to honestly evaluate themselves. I have found his discourse to be spiritually enlightening as I reflect and acknowledge my own need to evaluate my feelings, attitudes, actions, thoughts and motivations.
I have included twenty-nine of Alma's questions, as recorded in Alma, chapter five:
1. Have you been spiritually born of God?
2. Have you experienced His image in your countenance?
3. Have you experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
4. Do you experience faith in the redemption of Him who created you?
5. Do you look forward with an eye of faith?
6. Can you imagine the Lord saying to you, "Come unto me, ye blessed"?
7. Do you think you can lie to God and He will save you?
8. Can you look at God at that day of your judgement with a pure heart and clean hands?
9. Can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenance?
10. Can you think of being saved while you have yielded yourselves to the devil?
11. How will you feel standing before God and having your garments stained?
12. What will your filthiness testify of you?
13. Will you sit with the Prophets if your garments are filthy?
14. If you have had a change of heart, and have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, can you feel so now?
15. Have you kept yourself blameless before God?
16. Have you been sufficiently humble?
17. Have your garments been made clean through the blood and atonement of Christ?
18. Are you stripped of pride?
19. Are you stripped of envy?
20. Do you mock your brother?
21. Do you persecute others?
22. If you are not the sheep of the good Shepherd, of what fold are you?
23. Can you lay aside the things of God?
24. Can you trample the Holy One under your feet?
25. Can you be puffed up in the pride of your hearts?
26. Will you persist in the wearing of costly apparel and upon the vain things of the world?
27. Will you persist in making fun of those who are humbled?
28. Will you persist in turning your backs upon the poor and the needy?
29. Will you persist in withholding your substance from them?