Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ich hab' > genug gehabt

I am a patient person.

But, I have had enough. I have reached my "full button" when it comes to the ongoing saga of Kate Kelly.

In my nutshell, she was told no by her leaders. She did not like the answer. She was told no again. She still did not like the answer. So, after repeated warnings from those leaders, she finds herself no longer a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She seems intelligent enough- surely, she had to know this was coming, given her continued behavior. The Church has every right to have its rules, and, when said rules are broken, it has every right to follow through with discipline, in this case, excommunication. I do not know why this is so difficult to understand- she knew the rules, had the warnings, and still chose to go against them.

If what she wants so badly is the priesthood, I sincerely hope she will now be able to find a church that will ordain her to what she wants. As she does not believe that the Church is the only way to get her to heaven, then likely another church's priesthood will be good enough for her.

I have grown weary of hearing about this, about her. While I have a plethora of opinions about her, her behaviors, and her attitudes, I choose to no longer engage in this topic.

Enough.