Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Out of the mouth of babes

One of my blessings for which I am profoundly grateful is to be in the lives of children whom I love dearly. I often think about the complete and happy love they give others, give me.

Throughout the years, I have had many dear little tots in my life. One is TMa. She is very, very important to me. Since she was barely old enough to talk, I have kept a journal of things she has said and done, many that make me smile, make me laugh, and amaze me at the depth of her young "old" soul. Here are a few of them:

1) TMa calls marshmallows "smushmallows".

2) While riding in the car one afternoon with us when she was three, TMa told her grannie that she had some money and that she wanted us (grannie and me) to share it. Grannie said, "No. I don't want to share it. I want it all." TMa said, "But, you have to share it." And, again, grannie gave her a hard time, saying she did not want to share. I turned and said to TMa, "It's good to share, isn't it? It makes us feel happy inside to share." She answered, "Uh huh. If we don't share, it makes our stomachs and hearts sad." 

3) Grannie had purchased some small barrettes for TMa and was trying to put them in her hair. She commented on how small they were. TMa said, "They're smaller than a mouse." 

4) Grannie had a very sore hip and knee from a fall at work, and needed to get her hip replaced. Part of what she used to get around was her crutch or cane. TMa called her crutch a "crunch" and her cane a "candy cane".

5) TMa's mom was in the bathroom with TMa and was
looking at the ants on the floor. TMa was freaking out, saying that the ants were going to bite them. Her mom reassured TMa that all would be OK, that they would not get bitten. TMa said, "Well. Mosquitoes bite us! They get on our arms and they suck all the bleed out of us!"