Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Free agency and how to enforce it

The other day, my mother asked my father if he were Lehi, what kind of a blessing would he leave for his children to always remember. His reply was, "I would tell them I love them but I don't love what they do."

My response to him, to that, is:

* You do not have to love what we do. That is the beauty of free-agency. People get to choose to do what they feel is best for them. Our agency is the basis of our worth and dignity. It is so important that a war in heaven took place so that we could have the opportunity to have free agency. The only person who gets to judge anyone else for his or her actions is the Savior. Not anyone else. Not you. Not me. The Savior is the only person who gets to judge us and the things we do.

(I would also tell him that, sometimes, I do not love what he has done, either.)