Sunday, May 17, 2015

Being gay = not good enough

Rebecca wanted to be my friend, except when she found out I was gay. Then, she wanted nothing to do with me because I was not good enough.

That is really funny.

Not even a little bit.

In England, she was married to SM, our Bishop. Yet, she fell in love with a missionary and he with her. Kippy (missionary) had to be transferred out of the area in the middle of the night so that he and Rebecca would not get themselves into any further trouble.

Church investigators that Kippy was teaching would not be baptized because of the hypocrisy they saw in him and Rebecca.

Rebecca was called in by our new Bishop shortly thereafter and was told that her membership in the church was in jeopardy because of her public relationship with this missionary.

Yet, I am not good enough because I am gay?

I have never been told by any Bishop that my membership within the church is in jeopardy because of any relationship in which I have been involved. And, my bishops HAVE known about relationships in which I have been.

I am not good enough? 

I think, Rebecca, that you need to think again.