Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Resurrected gay? Or, un-gay?

Each morning as I drive to work, I think about the resurrection. I know when that event takes place, I will receive a glorified and perfected body, free of pain, ailments, and illness.

But, will I remain gay?
Or, will I be changed to un-gay in the resurrection?

While reading recently from Alma 41, I could not help but feel that when I am resurrected, I will receive a perfected and glorified state of who I currently am, a gay woman. Alma tells his youngest son, Corianton, who is struggling to understand the concept of restoration and resurrection:
verse 12: And now behold, is the meaning of the word restoration to take a thing of a natural state and place it in an unnatural state, or to place it in a state opposite to its nature?
verse 13: o, my son, this is not the case...
The attributes I have now will be the same attributes and characteristics I carry as me into the resurrection. Am I going to be placed "in a state opposite to my nature," changed from gay to heterosexual?

I do not believe so.